Another problem with Photos

Reaction score
Unless I keep hitting the "keep oldest first" then photo and finder completely randomize pics on playback. I find that irritating. Why can it not be permanently kept as "keep oldest first" when displaying for eg "slideshow"? It becomes especially true that the randomization occurs when I put pics from "photos" onto a flash to send to parents. Do you experience this? Is there any way to permanently keep pics in chronological order?
Thanks.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

-Which version of OS X?
-Which version of Photos?
-You using the slideshow function in Photos, correct?

C

Reaction score
High Sierra 10.13.3.
Cant answer that, not sure how to find the version of Photo's
Yes to slideshow function.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
OK, thanks.

Not sure what is causing that. I created a new slideshow in Photos 3.0 (3271.13.150) in macOS 10.13.4, and it plays oldest first, as was selected. I exported it as a movie, and it is the same order.

-When you export from Photos, what file settings are you using: Export # Photos or Export Unmodified Originals For # Photos?
-Have you checked the dates on the exported photos?

C

Reaction score
When I exported to flash drives I just grab and drop ( command C, command V) It seemed that it was in "Finder" mode and that does not seem to support the order of the pics, kind of randomizes them. The last time I did this it was fine so dont know what changed. As a sideline, yesterday I upgraded to 10.13.4. It wiped out all my previous passwords to sites and I had to go thru and find them all over again :(

Ask a Question