SOLVED Photo storage on two phones, one needs space

Reaction score
Hello All, I have an iPhone 7 with 127 GB fill of storage out of 128 GB available. The photos are using 85 GB. Same pictures are on my iPhone 12 and iPad and my MacBook Pro and in iCloud. The iPhone 12 has plenty of storage (for now). I need to free up space on the 7. If I go to Settings> my name> iCloud> Photos and toggle off iCloud photos I get this message: "This phone was not able to download 1,959 full-resolution photos and videos. If you continue, the low resolution versions of these photos and videos will be removed." I am asked to continue or cancel. I currently have "Download and keep Originals" active instead of "Optimize iPhone Storage".
Question: Since my phones and iPad and my MacBook Pro are all synced will a change to "Optimize Storage" on the iPhone 7 change all the other devices or will it only change on the 7? I appears that if I "Optimize Storage" on the 7 the full resolution versions will be kept in iCloud but I can't find info telling me if all other synced devices will automatically do the same. I am sorry for the long post but want to give all the pertinent information to help with the correct answer. Thank you in advance for your help.

Ask a Question