Parallels.

Reaction score
My main computer uses are coding and photography, Since moving over to Macs from Windows in 2015, the only software I have not been able to replace with a suitable alternative has been Lightroom and Photoshop. Fortunately Lightroom for Mac works with my old licence key. Replacing Photoshop would mean I could move 100% over to Mac. I have tried Gimp and Pixelmator but neither of them quite fit the bill. I was fortunate that my PC version of Photoshop was provided by my employer, but as I am now retired I don't have that option. I heard about Parallels for running Windows apps on a Mac, at £55.00 it seems a good work round if it works OK. I have downloaded and installed a 14 day trial and to be honest it works a lot better than I expected. I don't have to boot into Windows, I can run it side by side with OS X and all my Mac drives are available in windows, the performance is very good and I only notice a slight drop off when the Mac starts a Time Machine backup.

Obviously I will give it a strenuous work out in the next 2 weeks but I think it looks very promising.

Reaction score
Good luck! From what I have seen before, Parallels is an excellent product. The only "constraints" would be 1) the amount of disk space you have for the Windows partition, and 2) the amount of memory your Mac has.

Ask a Question