Parallels Desktop Presentation Pop up is off the screen and won't remember choice

Reaction score
Hey so I'm still fairly new to using the Macbook Pro. I'm currently on OSX 10.9.5 and a Windows partition running in Parallels Desktop. I also have 2 external monitors, one using the hdmi spot on the right side the other through a thunderbolt connection on the left side.

Every couple days when I first open up the Macbook and turn on the monitors I get a pop up for "Are you going to show a presentation in Parallels Desktop" which is always going to be no. There is also something about holding alt will remember the choice. The fact that I've done this multiple times bugs me since it doesn't seem to remember my choice.

Of the more immediate concern though is this time the pop up window generated off the bottom of my screen. So I can read part of the popup but the choices are out of reach for me to click. The window as far as I can tell can't be dragged and moved either. I know I can get rid of it by using the arrow keys on the keyboard and pressing enter and hoping i won the 50-50 potluck of getting no.

But this wouldn't be an issue if it would just remember my decision in the first place. And why would it generate off the screen like that! seems so silly to me.

Here is a screen shot, you can see the top of the pop up in the bottom left. Because it's about parallels that application is frozen until the popup is removed so i can't get rid of the "upgrade version" window either.
TTbPqEG.png

Here is another screen shot but with the dock up
9Y5Q461.png

So ya like I said I'm pretty new to using this machine so my apologies if this is a really silly question.

Thanks

Ask a Question