Parallels Desktop

Reaction score
I recently installed Parallels Desktop on my mac so I can play some of my games in Windows. Everything went fine except I can't get an internet connection in the virtual operating system(windows). When I try to connect in windows it says, "This computer does not have a network adapter installed and configured." When windows prompts me to "Install networking hardware and verify that the correct drivers are loaded," I can't do this because there is no internet connection.
I figured that i could get the drivers from my other computer and transfer them over, but I dont know what drivers to get. Im running on on mac os X and Im using a black macbook. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Reaction score
Hello MikeV252 and Welcome!!

Hmm, I would try these steps. I am not sure which method you will want to use. I think it depends on how Mac OS X connects to the net. Are you wired or wireless?

Depending on which one you are, I would try these.

Please follow the steps below:

Step One: Please make sure that the virtual machine network adapter is enabled:

1. Launch Parallels Desktop for Mac.
2. Click the Network Adapter link in the main configuration window to open its settings.
3. Make sure that the Enabled and Connect cable at startup options are selected in the Device Status area.
4. Under the Emulation section select the Bridged Ethernet option and choose Default Adapter or any other Mac network connection interface that is connected to the network.
5. Click OK to close Configuration Editor.

I would try this first. Let us know if you need more help or if this did not work for you.

Cheerio
Searay

Reaction score
Shared Networking has always worked fine for me. Do you use proxies etc. to connect to the internet?

Ask a Question