Pages & Embedded Fonts

Reaction score
I'm a pretty heavy user of Pages (use it for magazine design etc.) and believe I may have just reached the end of its benefit for me.

I'm doing a newspaper print advertising run using Google's very helpful AdWords service. I created a simple advertisement using just some Helvetica texts on Pages and sent it off to the service after converting to PDF.

About 5 times in a row I received personalized responses from Google saying I needed to embed certain fonts. I tried and tried to figure out how to do what they were talking about, but kept ending up with "embedded subsets" etc.

I finally got to talk with someone at Google who ran the file through his PDF program and changed the font to ArielTT and got it to work--but with some visual errors that I'll have to live with because I can't change the ad before my deadline.

Is it possible to embed fonts using Pages, or do I need to update my Adobe Reader 8 to a program that can do that better?

Essentially, I'm very uncertain that I'd be able to fix this problem in the future on any new advertisements.

Hope somebody has a clue as to what I'm talking about, because the help applications built into both Adobe Reader and Pages haven't been of much use.

Thanks!

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Hello Ivargas1 and welcome,

I understand your problem but I can't offer any real advice other than I think you should consider upgrading to Adobe Acrobat Pro.

Ask a Question