Outlook Mac missing different "send to" and "reply to" feature.

Reaction score
I’m having an issue with the Mac version of Outlook. It’s missing a very specific feature that I need for my job (different “reply to” from the “send to”). So for example, the “send to” is (e-mail address removed) but I need the “reply to” to be (e-mail address removed). This feature is available in the Outlook PC version, but not Mac. I’m considering running Parallels or Boot Camp with Windows 11 and Outlook. Does anyone run Windows and Outlook on a Mac? I’d like to see if that feature is available before spending the time and money to add it to my Mac. I’m using a MacBook Pro, M1, 2020 with Ventura 13.3.1. Any input would be appreciated.

Reaction score
The Respond To is one of the few features that is not available in Outlook for the Mac.

On the M1 you cannot use Boot Camp, your only option is to use a virtual machine of Windows 11 Arm, and then install Outlook in the virtual machine.

With that said, I would recommend using VMware Fusion over Parallels for this. Fusion is free for personal use.

You can register for a free license here: https://customerconnect.vmware.com/evalcenter?p=fusion-player-personal-13

Once your registered, you will see your license code and a download link for Fusion.

Reaction score
@MacsBug is right - currently, that feature isn't available on Outlook for Mac.

Running Windows and Outlook on a Mac through a virtual machine like VMware Fusion could be a good workaround, as MacsBug suggested. It's generally pretty reliable, and I've heard good things about it.

If you decide to go that route, do remember that running a virtual machine might put a little extra load on your system resources, so make sure your Mac is up to the task.

Hope this helps!

Reaction score
Outlook 16.7.4 was just released today.

One feature that was added is Send as Alias (Send emails from users' email aliases).

This may work for what you need.

Ask a Question