SOLVED Trying to move personal folders from Outlook for Mac 2011 to Outlook for Mac 2019

Reaction score
I've tried move, copy, export & import, migration assistant,etc. They all spit up, usually because they're not mail items. It's crazy, because you would think that an ordinary move or copy would not be so fussy.

Reaction score
You're right. I fought a tough fight, and I was losing all the way -- until today.

The problem in this case was that, with a Mac, exporting a .oml file did mean exporting the whole identity. Well, partway through today's chat with a Filipino Mac agent -- and they are, without a doubt, the best in the business. They bend over backwards to work with you and for you. With no exception, I have received no less than 110% effort and quality from them -- I had what my son-in-law would call a brain fart.

I was doing a transfer from an old 2011 Outlook to a new 2019 Outlook. As soon as I succeeded, I would trash the 2011, right? So I said, "Lets just trash everything except what I wanted to transfer." So I did, and created the .olm file of just the new stuff, and imported the file into the 2019 Outlook and it was all it took. Done. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. This old man came through!

Ask a Question