Outlook Email to Mac Mail

Reaction score
At my work the I.T guy has changed my mac email to outlook without telling me. How rude eh? aha... How can I change it back? He won't do it!
I've tried setting it back to the default email via mac mail >> Preferences >> General >> Default reader. But to no avail. Whatever he's done, it's above my pay grade.

Reaction score
Even if you manage to change it back, you will not be able to "easily" import any Outlook EMails into Apple's Mail program. I just went through this on both of my Macs, as Outlook 2016 crashed with an error code of 3253, Connection to Server failed. Contacted my ISP (Xfinity), but could net much assistance (I was able to read and process my EMails on XFinity's site; also Google Chrome was working fine). Tried all the suggested ways to fix the issue, but again no success. Finally decided to move to Thunderbird. But for the importing of all my Outlook 2016 EMails, I had to purchase the excellent software OLM Extractor Pro:

https://www.uslsoftware.com/olm-to-mbox-converter-for-mac/

Cost me $49, but worked like a charm! I wonder how your IT person was able to import all your Apple EMails into Outlook (by the way, is it Outlook 2011 or Outlook 2016)?

Last edited:

Ask a Question