Outlook 2010 wont show me text from emails

Reaction score
Hi,

in my mac outlook 2010 when i get emails withs signatures, the text from the email doesnt apear. It only apear on the preview pane.

it only happens with some signatures. i have tried on another mac, with the same specifications and software versions, and i have no problems

Reaction score
First of all, you mean Outlook 2011, right? There was Outlook 2008 and Outlook 2011.

If you mean Outlook 2010, that is a Windows program. It can only run on a Mac using Parallels, BootCamp, or VMFusion, along with the Windows OS.

So, please clarify that first.

Reaction score
OK. Do you have the entire Office 2011 suite, which of course contains Outlook 2011? The reason I ask is that Microsoft released Version 14.5.1 of Office 2011 somewhat recently. You can get it from here:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=47307

Also, maybe you need to rebuild the Outlook Database. As it is, you should do that every so often, to permanently get rid of deleted EMails. Here is a link that explains how to do it (start at Step 4):

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2360509

After that is completed, within your /Users/yourname/Documents/Microsoft User Data/ folder, there is folder entitled "Office 2011 Identities". Within that folder is a file called "Main Identity", which is the one Outlook uses. When you rebuild the database via the link above, another one is created, but it has the name (something like) "Main Identity Backed Up ....".

After you rebuild the database, launch Outlook again, and see if things are fine (except for maybe your problem persisting). If they are, then navigate to that folder, and drag that "Main Identity Backed Up ...:" to the Trash, and remove it. You no longer need it.

Ask a Question