How to import Windows outlook 2010 files in Mac apple mail?

Reaction score
I am totally not sure whether I am posting under the right category or not. I just need a solution to transfer emails from my previous windows laptop to the new mac that I have bought a couple of days ago. I need to transfer email data and folders from outlook 2010 to apple mail in mac. I have transferred almost all the data that I need to mac but the mail migration is the problem that I am stuck into.

I have have high hopes that I'll find my solution here or please guide me to where should I post is this is not the accurate place for this query.

Thanks

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Simplest method I know would be to download & install Mozilla Thunderbird on both computers.

On the PC:

• Install Thunderbird & launch it. Import from Outlook (not Outlook Express)
  • Let it import account settings, contact & email
  • Copy Thunderbird profile (on XP: c:\Documents and Settings\your userid\Application Data\Thunderbird\Profiles\your profile.default, Vista/Win7: c;\Users\your userid\AppData\Roaming\Thunderbird\Profiles\your profile.default) to your Mac using a thumbdrive.

On the Mac:

• On the Mac, launch Mail.app & go to File ~> Import
  • Choose Thunderbird & import the profile folder you copied to your Mac. The imported mail can be found under "On My Mac"
  • Go to "Mailbox ~> Rebuild

Let us know if that works or if you have any issues along the way.

Ask a Question