Importing Tape Media Final Cut Pro

Reaction score
I have a wide array of camcorder media created from 2 Sony Camcorders (not supported) on my iMac 2017 Desk Top. Ultimately I would like to import this media into Final Cut Pro and thus creating Blue Ray libraries of all of this media. I have a 2009 Mac Book Pro laptop which only supports El Capitan. I also have a Dell PC which will support (firewire) and then possibly network the pc to my iMac network and then possibly importing the tape media projects on to my iMac Final Cut Pro. Not really certain if this is possible???
I also have a newer camcorder (Panasonic 2015 )which is SD media and no problem with that at all.
Whatever suggestions and or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Reaction score
I use a USB device to convert my tape to digital like the one in this Link.
Simply install the software and connect the camcorder to the computer. Very easy to use.

Reaction score
I use a USB device to convert my tape to digital like the one in this Link.
Simply install the software and connect the camcorder to the computer. Very easy to use.
I appreciate your reply. I have Dazzle Video Creator Plus HD. Is that comparable to what you suggested?? I tried it however I believe I am lacking something. I going to notify Dazzle and go from there and hope I have some more advice in the forum. Thanks Again!!!

Ask a Question