Import Emails and sub-folders from Outlook 2011 to Thinderbird Windows

Reaction score
I have mozilla thunderbird installed on my windows 8 pc. I have a mac book pro with outlook 2011 installed. I have all my emails in outlook 2011 that I need to transfer to thunderbird. The import/export of outlook seems to be of no use because of reasons I am not aware of.

Please help me import the emails from outlook 2011 to windows thunderbird.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

I think the easiest way would be to export from Outlook 2011 to Thunderbird for Mac, then copy to Thunderbird for Windows.

I have heard good things about OLM Converter Pro, but I don't have any personal experience with it.

C

Reaction score
I am no expert in this but as far as I know there are no free way to export Outlook 2011 emails to thunderbird. I was too a victim of the same situation some time ago and used the same tool as suggested above. At first i was confused about the scenario and when I called up their support, they explained every detail that was involved to transfer the emails.

To export Outlook 2011 data to thunderbird, you will first need to convert the Outlook 2011 files (i.e, Olm files) to .Mbox format that can be easily understood by thunderbird. Olm Converter Pro serves the best conversion process as far as I know. But it is not the only tool available. You can search on google or whatever search engine you prefer using. Here is a sample search to help you get going Google: Olm to Apple Mail Converter (why apple mail...because apple mail also can import mbox files)

Ask a Question