Cant add GMAIL account to 2011 OUTLOOK on High Sierra Mac

Reaction score
On a IMAC 12,1 ...running High Sierra and using MAC OUTLOOK 2011... I cant add a GMAIL account to OUTLOOK ... I get a warning that username or password is incorrent...BUT using MAIL adding went smoothly and is working perfectly.

I would really like to use OUTLOOK,,, so suggestions please of what I am doing wron g or how to correct the issue

Cheers in advance

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

Are you using 2-Step Verification on your Google account?

It may just be because Outlook 2011 is so old that it doesn't support the current SSL and security protocols that Gmail uses. High Sierra is also aging and doesn't support the latest protocols, as you may have seen some secure websites will not load.

Here is an article from 2010 that I found: How To Wrangle Outlook 2011 To Work With Gmail

C

Reaction score
Hi Cory .. many thanks for the reply and the link. We are not using 2-step...so dont think thats the issue.. but I will work through the article next weekend (with fingers crossed)

A

Ask a Question