OS Boot issues need startup disk

Reaction score
HELP! New to the Macbook, I have bought a 13" Macbook pro from ebay and found it has an security issue on it from whoever owned it before. After a lot of hassle I managed to do a system restore. When the OS reloaded the previous complanies security asked me to log in.

I assume this is something built into the sttttttttart up procedure as it is from a fresh copy of the OS.

Is it possible to overcome this? I am unsure if a startup disk would work? Or a way of removing the files that are in the boot process.

As i said new to MAcs with a PC it would be an easy enough process, ive converted please dont let me doubt my purchase.!

Many thanks in advance

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

Sounds like the previous owner had some form of MDM (Mobile Device Management) installed on it. You may need to contact them to have them remove it from their MDM and Apple DEP (Device Enrollment Program) to be able to perform a proper erase & install.

C

Ask a Question