OSX bootcamp and partition issues

Reaction score
Hey Y'all!

This is my first post in this forum; in truth I made this account just for this, however I believer I shall continue to use it if all goes well.

Ok I have a MacBook Pro with OSX Mountain Lion.

I am trying to install Windows on a bootcamp partition for MMOs mainly. I have installed boot camp before.

My issue is right now my partitions are all screwy.

My OSX partition is at the end of the drive. Here is an image:

I tried using bootcamp, however the boot partition is to small. This is where the main issues arrises. Normally I would just expand the OSX partition into the empty space. However my partitions are backwards and the OSX partition is at the end of the drive.

I am not sure how to fix this. I googled it, and it said use recovery to "clone" the OSX partition to the other partition then deleted the other and merge them. I have tried it 3 times and every time it comes up with a read write error. I used repair disk on both partitions and the whole drive. The partitions are sound, however for some reason it will not clone.

If this was a windows system and a PC I could do it simply, however when it comes to Macs my knowledge is a bit lacking.

I would also like to make the point that I have no extermal HD and only have 5gig of Icloud space.

Looking forward to hearing the responses!

Dave

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-10-10 at 11.45.57 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-10-10 at 11.45.57 AM.png
    43.1 KB · Views: 271

Ask a Question