Bootcamp Boot Volume Problem MacOSX Volume is "gone"

Reaction score
Hello All,

I've encounter a problem with the Booting volumes on the Mac.

I have MacBook Pro 13" Retina with 16Gb RAM and 500GB SSD Drive running El Capitan 10.11 I believe.

I have installed Bootcamp on Mac os and Installed Windows 10 on it. Later on I noticed that I've only allocated 30GB for the windows 10 installation and did not have enough space to run windows updated.

After briefly (should have taken more time researching re-partitioning) researching on how to increase space for the Windows 10 partition increase I did following.

1) Logged in to MacOSX and Ran Disk Utility,
2) I have used Partition Option to release 150GB from the Mac hard drive to later on attach to active windows partition.
3) After getting my 150GB partition I have restarted Mac in to Windows 10 Environment.
4) When in Windows 10, I've noticed I have a new E Drive with the 150GB of free space.
5) Later on Ive went to Computer Management and un-allocated E drive so later on I could attach that space to the original Bootcamp partition. For some reason Option to allocate more space was grade out so I've decided to restart my Mac.
That's how It looked in my Disk Management tool win Windows
D drive (notice that it's HFS File system which should be detected in Reovery HD mode on Mac) is the MaxOSX Bootable Partition
Smdwpen.png

Tha's where things went wrong.

After restarting Mac, I've noticed that Mac Loading logo was not responding, so I've tried to user Option Key to choose the volume I would like to login manually. Tha's where I have been presented with this image. The MaxOSX option was gone. And I've only got stuck with Bootcamp and Recovery option
k7tJgkh.jpg

When I went to recovery HD option I've got the fellowing screens, It could Detect My Bootcamp Partition, Recovery Partition but not Original MacOSX Boot Partition. Here are the screenshots.

Main Drive View
RhIf5Zx.jpg

View of Mac OSX Original Partition View, that's where it should have been listed but it's not.
ta6LieF.jpg

For some reason it tells me that the file system is MS-DOS FAT file system, which in windows 10 it clearly states that it's HFS

I thought that Man, did i screw Up, then I have decided to login back to Windows 10 and troubleshoot, but was not able to do anything.

I did however noticed that the Mac partition is actually still there, and I did not mistakenly delete all of my data.

Here is the MacOSX Partition in Windows 10 Environment.
qPthqAQ.png

My Question is HOW DO I MAKE IT AS A BOOTABLE PARTITION AGAIN?

This is the Bootcamp option in windows 10 screenshot.
0Q65hMa.png

Any Ideas how I can Make it Bootable again in Windows 10 environment?

I know the Volume is there, all the data is there but I'm lost.

Please Help!!!

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

Sorry we didn't get back to you sooner, but I wouldn't say this forum is dead. It's a much smaller community than the official Apple Support Communities, and is staffed by volunteers that help folks when they have the time.

I am very happy that your issue got resolved, and am even happier and appreciative that you took the time to post a link to the solution for others that may have the same issue in the future.

We are here if you need us, and be well until then...

C

Ask a Question