Bootcamp/Reinstalling OSX

Reaction score
So I had bootcamp installed a few months ago, but windows started having problems and crashing so I got rid of the partition. I am now trying to repartition but bootcamp continues to give me the error message that some files cannot be moved, reinstall OSX to fix it (I think the reason it is saying this has something to do with the fact that I already had my computer partitioned, but I am not totally sure). Regardless, the issue is that I do not know where my install disc for snow leopard is, I have the one for leopard but I would rather not downgrade my system. Is there any way I could clone my HD and reinstall OSX without the snow leopard disc and then restore it?

Reaction score
Do you have an extra hard drive the same size as the one in question that you could use for a couple of hours?

Reaction score
Check the type of drive you are trying to repartition, you can only do it with OS X Extended (Journaled).

Ask a Question