Original Account Image

Reaction score
When I first fired up my new mac I took a stupid user picture of me and a sheep, thinking I could just delete that image at a later point.

It seems, however, that it is still stored somewhere after changing account image. I use Micro$oft Messenger and for some reason it is still stored as "Standard Image" in that app. The image file is noget located in resources for messenger.app and the only information I have been able to find about account pictures is that they are stored in /Library/Caches/com.apple.user("Some numbers")pictureCache.tiff, but that file is just my current account image.

Does anyone know if there is a secret copy of the first account image taken with the iSight camera and where it might be? (in Tiger)

Reaction score
When I first fired up my new mac I took a stupid user picture of me and a sheep, thinking I could just delete that image at a later point.

It seems, however, that it is still stored somewhere after changing account image. I use Micro$oft Messenger and for some reason it is still stored as "Standard Image" in that app. The image file is noget located in resources for messenger.app and the only information I have been able to find about account pictures is that they are stored in /Library/Caches/com.apple.user("Some numbers")pictureCache.tiff, but that file is just my current account image.

Does anyone know if there is a secret copy of the first account image taken with the iSight camera and where it might be? (in Tiger)

You and a sheep! I'm not even going to ask. Lol! Have you tried doing a search for the picture using Spotlight? :D

Reaction score
Hehe, just a teddy-sheep, that happened to be in reach ^^

Anyway .. I have no idea what I should search after ... I've searched for some different image types (png,tiff,jpg) but that's alot of images to look through and I think it might be stored somewhere spotlight wouldnt find it anyway :(

Reaction score
Hehe, just a teddy-sheep, that happened to be in reach ^^

Anyway .. I have no idea what I should search after ... I've searched for some different image types (png,tiff,jpg) but that's alot of images to look through and I think it might be stored somewhere spotlight wouldnt find it anyway :(

:) I'm not familiar with Microsoft Messenger but I'd be surprised if it doesn't have an option to change the "standard image". Have you tried going through Microsoft Messenger's Help option, assuming that it has one?

Reaction score
Cant find anywhere where I can delete the image and the help page doesn't help :( ...

When I change user image in the app a new window pops up with some preinstalled images (which I've found to be stored in resources for mesenger.app, but it doesn't contain the one I'm looking for). I can add more images but I cant get any info on the ones already added :(

Reaction score
Rofl, the problems is though, I can't find the picture, only in messenger ... well I guess I could take screenshot, crop it and upload .... will do so when I get home then ^^

Reaction score
'ere ya go (smudged a little ^^)

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 313

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Check Address Book, I'm fairly sure if you add a user image when you create an account during set-up on a new mac it's added there ...

Reaction score
Lol! That pic made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. :) Standardbillede wouldn't be the name of the picture, would it?

Attachments

• Sheep&I.jpg
    Sheep&I.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 275
Reaction score
Check Address Book, I'm fairly sure if you add a user image when you create an account during set-up on a new mac it's added there ...
No luck with the adress book :(

Funny picture!
Hehe thx, I thought so too at the time ^^

Lol! That pic made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Standardbillede wouldn't be the name of the picture, would it?
"Standardbillede" would be the danish translation of "Standard Image"/"Default Image" and there are no files of that name on my mac :( But I'm glad you liked it ;)

Reaction score
No luck with the adress book :(

Hehe thx, I thought so too at the time ^^

"Standardbillede" would be the danish translation of "Standard Image"/"Default Image" and there are no files of that name on my mac :( But I'm glad you liked it ;)

When you checked the Address Book did you check out the Users/YourName/Library/Application Support/AddressBook/Images folder? If you do have files in the Images folder you can view them by downloading a great app called File Juicer by dragging this folder over File Juicer's window or by duplicating these files, dragging the duplicate(copy) to the desktop, adding a .jpg extension and opening the file in Preview.
You might want to check out the Users/YourName/Library/caches/com.apple.iChat.Pictures and the Users/YourName/Library/Images/iChat Recent Pictures folders as well.
I don't own an iSight but you might want to do a spotlight check on "iSight" and see if it has a cache or an Images or Application Support folder, etc. In addition, unless you changed the name of this lovely Lamb picture and didn't delete it, you might want to consider doing a spotlight check on the default name that iSight uses for pictures, which I assume would be "untitled". The only other thing that I can think of is to uninstall Messenger and reinstall it. :)

Reaction score
Got it ! =) It seems that it was in fact just messenger hiding a copy of the file somewhere. After deleting all messenger-files and reinstalling the image disappeared and my current account image became "standard image".

Thx for all your help =)

Reaction score
Just to finish the thread off, two of my sheep ;)

Attachments

• Foto.jpg
    Foto.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 243
Reaction score
Got it ! =) It seems that it was in fact just messenger hiding a copy of the file somewhere. After deleting all messenger-files and reinstalling the image disappeared and my current account image became "standard image".

Thx for all your help =)

No. no, no. You're not getting off that easily. Thank you's are nice but for services rendered I would like you to use the sheep picture (without the blur) as your avatar for one week. :D
All fun aside, congratulations! :)

Reaction score
No. no, no. You're not getting off that easily. Thank you's are nice but for services rendered I would like you to use the sheep picture (without the blur) as your avatar for one week. :D
All fun aside, congratulations! :)

Hehe thx, but "unfortunately" I can't use the pic without blur cuz it's gone ^^

Ask a Question