New mac user in need of help!!

Reaction score
Hello,

I have as of yesterday just purchased a MacBook Pro for the first time. I have been a long term windows user and the change has hit me harder than I first anticipated.

I have a few problems which I could really do with some help with:
Firstly, importing photos from my camera. I am an amateur photographer, and I have always been used to uploading a few hundred photos at a time, which I then sift through, delete the unnecessary and then edit the ones I like. However I find that uploading photos to the photos app will transfer everything to iCloud which I do not want. However I don't want to disable iCloud completely as I like my iPhone photos transferring without me having to do anything.

Secondly, photos I upload I cannot locate in affinity photos once stored in the photos app.

And thirdly, and less importantly, is there anyway of storing all photos that have come from my iPhone into one folder automatically, I have tried doing a smart album with the iPhone camera as a specification, however if I have downloaded any pictures on my phone or edited any on there they do not make it into the album

Lengthy first post I am afraid! Help greatly greatly appreciated.

Reaction score
Well first off welcome to owning a mac! They are great computers and so much better then windows machines..at least I feel they are and I have owned a Mac laptop since 2007 and since then have gone threw two iMacs and have one that my hubby built for me out of three other machines. Since the old one died or something...He has been working with computers(macs)for over twenty something plus years and is an IT guy.

Anyways I believe you can disable iCloud on your computer and keep the photos you have on your mac and not going to the iCloud.
Once you import the photos from your phone they should go into your photo's program and from there you can sort them.

Hope what I have said helps you. Good luck!

Ask a Question