New Mac Book Pro need to get my data

Reaction score
Hello All,

Here is my problem, hope someone can help me.

I had a 13" Mac Book for about 7 years and the HD failed recently. I took this as an opportunity to purchase a new Mac Book Pro. Now my problem is that the old HD is corrupted and I cant get any data off it. I took it to Computer Advantage and they couldn't get anything off it either.

Now how do I get all the stuff off my iPad, apps, music, and all that on to the new Mac Book? It keeps telling me I can only sync with one computer and I can either cancel or erase and sync. I want to make sure I can keep all the stuff I paid for that is on my iPad.

Also anyone have any suggestions on how to get the data off the old HD? Computer Advantage said that every time they tried it would just stop.

Thanks for the help.

Reaction score
In iTunes the Store Menu > has Authorise This Computer to your iTune Account.

Next when you plug in your iPad, click cancel to that dialogue, then select the iPad in the sidebar, On the Summary Tab, enable Manually Manage music and video.

Then from the File Menu > Transfer Purchases from...

Ask a Question