New HP, new Mac does not print

Reaction score
HP 8020 2022. Mac Apple Silicon Ventura newest version. For several months, it will say The Encryption Credientials have expired. I factory reset printer, it works, I can print and scan. Then months later it comes back, over and over. This error has come back 3 times. Using WiFi connection, not USB cable. I have tried so many solutions on so many websites that I cannot remember them all, and they did not solve the issue. This is a new Mac installation, from about January 2023, clean install, not a migration, so all fresh Macos and Macos-Printer settings. A home user does not need this high of security, how do I permanently remove this error forever. Thank you.

Reaction score
That error is being generated because the printer uses https for airprint. The certificate for the secure connection is expired. Here’s a link to a support page at HP explaining how to generate and install a new certificate. Unfortunately it appears it requires a windows machine to generate the certificate, but the new cert will last 10 years.

Generate a new certificate

Ask a Question