SOLVED Why does my desktop Mac comes back on?

Reaction score
Why does my desktop Mac come back on again every time I put him to sleep? My computer comes back on again a few seconds after I put him to sleep, sometimes more than once. Is this something in the settings, is it my WiFi, or what could be the reason? I don't touch my keyboard or my mouse at all, but every time my Mac comes back on. Ventura 13.2.1
Julian

Reaction score
Why does my desktop Mac come back on again every time I put him to sleep? My computer comes back on again a few seconds after I put him to sleep, sometimes more than once. Is this something in the settings, is it my WiFi, or what could be the reason? I don't touch my keyboard or my mouse at all, but every time my Mac comes back on. Ventura 13.2.1
Julian
See what happens if you were to log out and invoke Sleep from the login screen. It may be from an active background process that was running when you put it to sleep, assuming you used the Sleep command when you were logged in. If you had not done so, you may have to set your login screen to enable “Show the Sleep, Restart, and Shut Down buttons.”

I also recommend updating Ventura to version 13.3.1.

Reaction score
There could be several reasons why your Mac desktop is waking up from sleep mode by itself. Some common causes include:

Wake on network access: Your Mac might be configured to wake up whenever there's network activity, such as receiving email or downloading software updates. You can check this setting in System Preferences > Energy Saver > Wake for Wi-Fi network access and uncheck it.

Scheduled wake-up time: It's possible that you've set a schedule for your Mac to wake up, such as for backups or software updates. You can check this setting in System Preferences > Energy Saver > Schedule and adjust it as needed.

Reaction score
My Mac Mini (13.1.1) suffers the same fault - Apple logo > sleep > highlight sleep, screen goes black and within 3 or 4 seconds, comes back to life. I've found treating "sleep" VERY GENTLY, very gently, usually effects a shutdown. But not always, it's frustrating.
Tony Aguila's answer above, #714, should resolve this issue.

Ask a Question