Macbook Pro M2 does not recognize iPhone XR backup -Help!

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I recently did a factory reset on my iPhone XR, and before I did so I backed it up to my MacBook Pro. The Backup appeared as normal, so I went ahead with my reset. However, when I went to restore my phone the backup did not appear in the finder dropdown menu.

The Backup folder in the Mobile Sync folder contains the backup files, but they are, for some reason, not showing up when I click on the iPhone in the finder menu.

I was on the phone with Apple Support for 2 hours, and they did not find a resolution. Apple has a guide on how to find Backup files, but they do not have any info on how to use them if they are not showing up in the Finder menu.

Has anyone had this issue before? Both devices are fully up to date (the macbook is only 3-4 days old and there are no other backup files on the drive). I also tried using iPhone Backup Extractor. the software locates and identifies the backup, but gives an error code when I try to open it.

Please help- lots of important info on the phone that I'd love to have back.

Ask a Question