MacBook Doesn’t Open (Probably Battery or Charging cable Prob)

Reaction score
Hey y’all hope u guys doing okay in these hard times.

Well, like a month ago i woke up and went to the studio and push the power button but macbook pro 2017 didn’t open or anything.

First i thought it got wet because there was a little sprite on my working desk. Tried all of those drying methods on the web. But it was nothing.

After like 2 weeks later i took and hit it slowly on the bottom side, while charge cable is plugged. It was suddenly opened and all of the buttons were working, i even watched a video as a test. Everything was ok But the charge didn’t exceed 1(while cable is plugged and the battery icon on the screen has a light sign). And then it was suddenly closed as it opened. And won’t opened again until today. Exactly same things happened and it closed again.

What can i do about this problem?
-thanks in advance for your helps.

Last edited:

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

Doing fine so far, hope you are as well.

Those are typical symptoms of liquid damage. If you let it dry out for a few weeks, it may work for a little while. But, if there was any liquid introduced into the interior, it will eventually corrode the metal and prevent it from powering on.

If it won't charge, and works very intermittently, then it will probably need a hardware repair. It can run upwards of $1000+ depending on what needs replaced and who does the repair.

Sorry,

C

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

Doing fine so far, hope you are as well.

Those are typical symptoms of liquid damage. If you let it dry out for a few weeks, it may work for a little while. But, if there was any liquid introduced into the interior, it will eventually corrode the metal and prevent it from powering on.

If it won't charge, and works very intermittently, then it will probably need a hardware repair. It can run upwards of $1000+ depending on what needs replaced and who does the repair.

Sorry,

C
hello
ahh well, there’s no other option than going to the service i think.

thanks so much for your interest and reply.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
No worries...

Sorry, but I think that may be the best option at this point.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

C

Ask a Question