network or linksys confusions

Reaction score
ok..
I know I'm no genius, but it drives me crazy that lately I have been getting to my computer, and can't connect.... then i go to network prefs and everything says its a ok. there's an ip address and everything, but I can't get connected. (as in nothing resolves on internet apps and email etc - won't respond dealie doos)

so, I don't know what to do when that happens... I've often tried many or all of the following, and nothing works:
Turning airport off and on again -- no go.
I restart the computer -- nuttin.
I refresh the dhcp -- nuttin

sometimes works...
unpluging the cable modem, and the router and plugging them back in, in that order works--- but not often lately. what's up with that?!? why should i always have to do that anyway?

am i missing something simple?

my network is cable modem via icky comcast to linksys WRT54G 1.1 with mac's connecting wirelessly with airport.
thanks.

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there,

I wonder if this is anything to do with your other post (sharing Internet access)...

I would try changing all the devices on the network to 'manual IP' addresses and shut down the DHCP servers...

Then see how well the Network works when all the devices have their own IP's...

regards

Ric

Ask a Question