My macbook keyboard isn't working

Reaction score
I can't put in my username or password to log into my macbook pro. None of the keys work unless I hold shift and 0 then type, however, it types every letter in captials. Also my trackpad is always right clicking. I've already tried restarting my computer and none of the keys are stuck. Please help! :eek:

Reaction score
Now whenever I type while holding shift and zero it puts wierd characters like the apple logo and the degree symbol

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
How old is your MBP? Has the keyboard ever worked properly? Did you just purchase the MBP?

What OS version are you on? Have you tried connecting a USB keyboard and seeing if that works ok?

The Shift key when pressed, is the same as putting Caps Lock on and I don't know what is going on with your keyboard.

Can you explain anything that has happened that could be responsible for this issue? What were you doing prior to this ... has anything been spilled on the keyboard?

Reaction score
Ive had my MBP for almost a year now. Im on OS X I'll try plugging in a USB keyboard and if that doesn't work Im going to the apple store to get it fixed. Tank you for you help! :)

Ask a Question