Brand New MacBook Pro keyboard issue

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm wondering whether this is a common issue or not that can be easily resolved? The 'J' key on my MacBook Pro 2017 (purchased this month) is pretty unresponsive compared to all other keys. If I tap at the top of the key and centre of the key it works, but if I tap on the left, right or bottom of the key it is unresponsive. This is not the same for any of the other keys (they are responsive wherever you tap). Do I need to take this in and get this looked at an Apple Store - or is there an easy solution?

Best Regards,

Kieran

Reaction score
I have a brand new mid 2017 Mac Book Air, just tried using the "J"/"j" key, tapping everywhere on it, and it works fine. Also, all the nearby keys ("U", "I", "H", "K", "N", and "M") work fine. Do those work OK for you?

From my experience, your issue is not a common one. In fact, this is the first time I ever heard about it. Unless someone else comes up with a solution, it would be best if you take it in too an Apple Store.

Ask a Question