My ipod went swimming...

Reaction score
Help! I fell into my pool today with my ipod attached to me. Is there any hope of it returning to normal after it dries out? I had the headphones in so water did not get into the top hole but water did get into the bottom and even though as soon as I was in the water, I lifted it out, it still got wet. Has anyone submerged there ipod and recoverd? Please tell me yes?!! I can't live without my ipod.

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there and welcome,

If it were mine I would be tempted to open it up and let it dry out.

Give it a few days then try it !

I have had Laptops that have been swimming in the past and most of them have recovered. The trick is to disconnect the power/battery as soon as possible, to try and avoid further damage.

Unfortunately with an iPod its not that easy to crack open and unplug the battery in a hurry.

I'm afraid you'll just have to wait and see !

regards

Ric

Reaction score
Hello Sebbio. Sorry to hear about your iPod going into the drink. I would definitely take Ric's advice. How long was your iPod submerged? What generation of iPod do you have? I ask because the iPods (with the exception of the Dock Connector, Hold Switch, and Headphone jack) are somewhat watertight. I know this because I use my video iPod in the bathroom a lot when I take showers. Granted, it's not in the shower with me, but it's next to the sink and it does get wet a lot. My point is if it wasn't submerged for 15-30 seconds or more, you may have a great chance of recovery without any repairs. Let us know how you fair out in this situation.

PS, I can't live without my iPod either. I am a member of a group at my school called "We can't live without our iPods!"

Ask a Question