iPod Touch as Media Hub in Car

Reaction score
I am using my 16GB iPod Nano in my car via the 30 pin to AUX connector. Needed to get the Scrosche charging adapter to charge while playing, but have control via steering wheel to shuffle through the tracks on the Nano. Works great for me.

However, I'm looking to expand the 30 pin to AUX input functionality so passenger(s) can play audio from their iPhones, MacBooks, or even Droids (DVDs, iTunes, Pandora etc.).

I have iPod Touch with WiFi/Bluetooth (no cellular) that I can use in place of the Nano. Thinking the Touch could act as a WiFi or Bluetooth hotspot, really just to receive audio from other devices while on the road. Not sure that's the right approach.

Am I thinking about this wrong? How would you go about achieving this?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

I don't believe that will work, since the iPod Nano cannot create a Wi-Fi hotspot. In addition, even if it could, that wouldn't support streaming audio to it from other devices and out through the Dock connector.

There may be a third-party device that you could use in that way, but I am not familiar with any in the market.

Sorry I couldn't help out more.

C

Ask a Question