Mouse button stuck on computer opening

Reaction score
Hey, so I have a 2007 MacBook (still rocking the sleek black style!) that has been kind to me these past six years. However, today I fear it started its demise. Whenever I either turn on the computer or open it back up, the mouse will stay "stuck" on whatever app it's currently hovering over.

I say "stuck" because the button itself works fine. For example, if I open my computer and the mouse is sitting in a Finder window, then wherever I move my mouse it will select whatever files are between it and its original position.

This happened to me once before, maybe a year ago, but reseting the computer fixed it. This has been going on all day now and restarting the computer and whatnot does not help. I do not think it's a result of the top pushing the button down when it's closed because I've shut down and booted up the computer without closing it several times.

I'm getting very familiar with my tab button, but I'm ready to ditch it for the mouse again. Any help would be much appreciated!

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
To be clear, the mouse cursor on your 2007 MacBook freezes?

Try enabling "Ignore accidental trackpad input" trackpad option on the Trackpad tab in Keyboard & Mouse System Preferences—or the Trackpad System Preferences if using Mac OS X v10.5.6 or later—on your MacBook.

I don't know about this but I've read that resetting the Track Pad sometimes helps, rest your palm on top of your trackpad for about five seconds and see if things clear up.

Make sure you have all the available updates for your MacBook through Software Update and having the maximum allowable RAM doesn't hurt too.

Ask a Question