Messenger troubles.

Reaction score
I've had this problem with Messenger under Catalina twice (both times with multiple recipients):

Tried to send a message with my Catalina Message app to my 4 grandchildren. While I have sent messages to them before, the Messenger app started a new thread. I could not send that message out. I also noticed that Messenger did not pull up their faces, and many other threads were missing some faces which they used to have, in fact I only see two faces (in multiple threads). I finally sent the message by double-clicking on the thread and a separate window opened. After sending it, I opened my iPad, saw the message, and saw that every thread has everybody’s faces. I shut down my Mac, unpowered it and rebooted it. Now there are fewer photos missing.

Has anybody seen this behavior before? What's going on?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

I haven't seen that issue before, although I have VERY limited access to Macs running Catalina.

I will check into it however.

C

Reaction score
I booted to Mojave and checked my Messages app. I didn't try to reproduce the problem, I may need to create a new thread with multiple recipients, I don't know. I saw two recipients without faces. One of them was my own .icloud e-mail address. I checked contacts and found that address in the contacts, but as one SIRI found. So I put it in explicitly, and my face popped up in the messenger app. I rebooted to Catalina, and I'm still missing faces. Looked in contacts and the faces are missing now. But they aren't missing in Contacts on my iPad and iPhone!!! Weird. I just added a different photo for one of the contacts on my Mac and it showed up on my Mac's Messenger. I'll see if one of these moves to the other.

Ask a Question