RIP, Adium...& Perhaps Every All-in-One Messenger

Reaction score
Is it fair to say Adium is rendered completely useless? Between losing support for Facebook and now with Yahoo! Messenger's "going rogue," I'm not sure what the point is any more.

What do you use for our all-in-one messenger, if any?

I'm still using a 2GB RAM Mountain Lion & am wondering if I should just install the new Yahoo! Messenger.

What are YOUR thoughts?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

I haven't used any of the all-in-one messenger apps for years, so I am not aware of the changes they have gone through. When I do message folks, it is via Messages in OS X/iOS exclusively.

From what I gather from your post, it sounds like many of the social media companies are moving towards closed environments for certain functions, which is why apps like Adium are losing their abilities. It looks like the latest Yahoo! Messenger is supported from OS X 10.4 and up, so that may be your best bet.

Sorry I am not well-versed with Adium - maybe someone else here is more familiar and will chime in.

C

Ask a Question