Mac Messenger Help

Reaction score
Hi, I just bought a new Macbook Pro and transferred all my stuff(in the setup) from a school macbook pro I had been using, that went fine. But then I went to open Messenger and it no longer worked, a window kept opening saying it Quit Unexpectedly, so i deleted it and installed a new messenger from the apple website, and it kept saying th same thing. Does anyone know whats wrong and how to fix it?
Thanks alot,
Michelle

Reaction score
Michelle,

Are you talking about Microsoft Messenger? If that is the application you're referring to in your note, perhaps the preference file (plist) got damaged in the transfer.

Go to your user Library / Preferences and scroll down to this file name: com.microsoft.Messenger.plist. Go ahead and move that file out to the desktop. After that, then try to run Messenger again. See if it opens and runs correctly. If it does, then you can trash that file you just moved to your desktop.

Reaction score
Thanks for the help, but that didnt work. The only thing i could find in preferences was called messenger user cache.plist so i put it on the desktop but messenger still kept saying the same thing. Any other ideas?

Ask a Question