Problems signing in - Microsoft Messenger 6.0.3

Reaction score
I am using Messenger 6.0.3 on Mac OS X 10.4.11 with a good quality 8MB internet connection (NB I am using a wired connection for this). It has all been working well for about 6 months but now I get the following message whenever I try to sign in to Messenger

"Sign in to microsoft messenger failed because the service is not responding. The service is not available or you may not be connected to the internet."

I have checked my internet connection and there is nothing wrong with that (I use Skype and browse the web perfectly well). I have also checked to see if there are any known issues with Messenger and there is none. So why wont my Messenger work any more? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Reaction score
you have to change something in your proxy settings of msn, don't really know what know cause i deleted the program from my computer, but i had the same problem as you and after i changed it all was working well

Reaction score
Hmm, I don't think that is the problem because it used to work fine and I haven't changed anything and now it is sporadic. For example, I was able to sign in about 30 minutes after I posted this request. I thoroughly expect it to not allow me to sign in tomorrow though! Thanks for the tip though and I will of course check my proxy settings.

Ask a Question