Messenger app asks for keychain?

Reaction score
Installed the app. Launching the app display dialog for keychain access:
1700230606414.png

opened the KeyChain Access app. Selected Default Keychains->login
1700230742144.png

Double clicked and opened to view detailed info. Selected show password and I get the spinning wheel, have to force quit in the Activity Monitor to kill the KeyChain Access app.

Also, I have to deny few times to Deny in order to get rid of the. dialog box. But, I can interact with Messenger.

Reaction score
If you just type in your Computer Password and then click on Always Allow, the dialog will go away. It may come back after messenger does an update then you do the same thing.

Reaction score
If you just type in your Computer Password and then click on Always Allow, the dialog will go away. It may come back after messenger does an update then you do the same thing.
Yeah thats why im posting because that woukd make sense but doesn’t work. So is messenger looking for a specific keychain password ? I think not so not sure what’s goin on

Reaction score
You can try opening up Keychain Access and removing anything that mentions messenger. Then if should ask you once again after you launch the app and then you enter your password and click Always Allow.

Reaction score
I see the messengerdesktop.vi. I will remove the entry and see what happens thankx

Reaction score
You can try opening up Keychain Access and removing anything that mentions messenger. Then if should ask you once again after you launch the app and then you enter your password and click Always Allow.
Thankx. I removed all references to it in KeyChain Access -> login and System 👍

Ask a Question