Memory upgrade

Reaction score
As I use my macbook pro mainly for video editing using IMovie I've upgraded the memory
from 4 gig up to 8 gig, the spec is DDR3 1067MHz which is what the label stated when I bought it. However after installing it and then checking it using "about this mac" it stated that
the memory on the laptop was DDR3 1333MHz. My question is, will my laptop work faster
or slower with the 1333MHz. The processor is the Intel 2.53 GHz Duo core!

Reaction score
The same as the speed is dictated by the slowest part, the Mac bus is 1333 so thats as fast as it will go.
The bus speed is often set to the slowest RAM installed.
It's not a good idea to have mismatched RAM in the one computer, if you start getting "weird" crashes or beachballing that could be the problem.

Reaction score
Hi Kaveman, many thanks for your reply, actually I took out the two chips of 2 gig and installed 2 chips both of 4 gig making 8 gig, I contacted the maker stating that they were
stated as being 1067MHz when in actual fact the mac stated them as being 1333MHz

Ask a Question