memory upgrade

Reaction score
im trying to upgrade the memory in an old 13" macbook model MB061LL/B with PNY 2gb ddr2 pc2 5300. The problem im running into is that when i put the new memory in either nothing happens or i get 3 beeps. ive been able to get 1 stick of the PNY memory and one stick of the factory memory to work. Using this ive determined that both sticks of PNY memory are working properly does any one have any suggestions on why i cant get both sticks of PNY to work at the same time??

Reaction score
3 beeps = Bad RAM
Are you using an anti-static pad. It only take 30 volts to kill it.

2 - 200-pin PC2-5300 (667MHz) DDR2 SO-DIMM

Reaction score
I have not been using a anti static pad mostly because i didnt know i needed one. Ive just visually checked and it looks like the pins line up. Basically it breaks down like this: factory= 1gb memory im trying to upgrade to 2gb memory, im currently running 1.5gb memory because i cant get my mac to boot with out 1 stick of factory memory. Im trying to figure out if the issue is because of something im doing or if it is my mac thats the problem.

Ask a Question