Media audio problem please help

Reaction score
Is their any way to change the settings on the mac so that I don't hear high frequency sounds?

The problem that I am currently having is that I am hearing high pitch whines when watching media on the mac (not every media but enough that it is becoming a huge problem). I know that the whine is a problem with the video's. To be exact the recording of voices: every-time anybody talks I can hear this high pitch whine. I don't want to fiddle with the video's. What I want to know is if their is a way for me to change the settings on the mac so that I don't hear the higher noises. I fiddled with the Audio MIDI Setup but I don't even hear a change in the audio and the noise was still there. The frequency of the whine is probably around 16-17 kHz so I was wondering if there was a way to keep the mac from playing anything over 16 kHz.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

A few questions:

-Is this via the internal speakers or external?
-Is it present on audio only - i.e. iTunes, GarageBand, etc?
-Have you tried listening through headphones?

There isn't a way that I know of to filter out all audio over a certain frequency.

C

Ask a Question