dashboard won't work, immediately opens my outlook page instead....

Reaction score
Hello, when I try to use the dictionary function on dashboard it immediately opens a new page for outlook even if I am on hotmail at the time of looking up a word. If I restart my computer it then works for a few days but then stops again after a while. I looked up dashboard in the applications and it's not there. (I wouldn't know what to do if it was there anyways....) Thanks for any help.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

-Which version of OS X?
-Is this icon in the Applications folder - maybe it got renamed by mistake:
dashboard_icon.png

C

Reaction score
Hi, Thanks for responding. It's OS X 10.10.5. That is the icon is in the Applications folder and says Dashboard. When I open it , it opens up the window that you can type in a word for the dictionary but then immediately it then opens up my Outlook page. I can't use the dictionary anymore at all. Thanks again for your time.

Reaction score
Hi again, I'm still baffled by this problem, don't know how to fix it. Used to fix itself if I restarted the computer, now it never works....

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

I agree...it is baffling. I haven't found any additional information about this. One thing to try would be to invoke Dashboard, click the Minus sign in the lower left corner of the screen, then click the circle with an X in it in the upper left corner of the Dictionary widget to close it. Then click the Plus sign and click Dictionary to launch it in the Dashboard and see if that corrects the issue.

Sorry if you have already tried that.

C

Ask a Question