Dashboard help?

Reaction score
My dashboard is quitting by itself and coming up with error message...how do I resolve that?

Also, how do you delete a widget on there you no longer want?

I'm new to Mac by the way. just switched from PC about 5 or 6 weeks ago:)

Reaction score
What is the error message?

Down in the bottom lefthand corner there is a +, click that and it lets you manage your widgets.

Reaction score
The error message just says "Dashboard Client quit unexpectedly" and then has a long report if you hit "show details" and says the "report will be sent automatically to Apple"

Reaction score
In your Home > Library > Preferences
delete the dashboard plists.
Dashboard will then make a new set once you go back into it.

Reaction score
Your Home Folder is the the one with the little house on it in the sidebar, normally it the window that opens when you click on the Blue Finder Icon at the Left End of your Dock. If you're not seeing the sidebar click the Lozenge button on the finder window titlebar.

The Home folder will have the folders, Documents, Downloads, Music, Pictures... And Library.

In the Library folder there is a Folder called Preferences there are a lot of Folders in here so put it in List View.

In the Preferences Folder there are a LOT of files use the Search Box to Locate all the Dashboard Files and drag them to the Trash.

Reaction score
Are you on Lion already:)

In that case from the Go Menu, select Go To Folder and enter
~/Library

Reaction score
Click on the Desktop, the large area with the stars (Desktop Picture)
Left at the Top of the Screen there is the Menubar.
 - Finder - File - Edit - View - Go - Window - Help

Ask a Question