help... problem with dashboard

Reaction score
i am trying to use dashboard for the first time. i am running osx 10.4.5 on a g4 powerbook. i double clicked the icon in the app folder and tried to drag the icon to the dock. when in the dock, the arrow is under the icon, showing the application is running, but nothing shows and nothing happens. i press f12, nothing.

i would really like to be able to run an english/spanish translating widget i heard about in addition to two others i have discovered to be useful for work, but if i can't get dashboard to run, i can't use the widgets...

anyone?! thanks for the help!

matt

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there and welcome Matt !

What icon did you click in the App folder ?

Dashboard is always running...go to the Dock and Click this picture...

dashboard_icon.jpg

F12 may not work...it depends how it is set up in the System Preferences-->Dashboard & Expose

regards

Ric

Reaction score
i can't tell if you are being for real or not?! yes, i clicked the proper icon in the dock and my dashboard prefs are correct. the arrow is under the correct icon - you know, the black one with all the little thingy's on it that says "dashboard" above it; however when i click the icon, NOTHING HAPPENS. ideas why nothing happens?! and why i cannot get to the screen that allows one to activate or deactivate the widgets?!

thanks.

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there,

go to this folder...

Users-->YourUserName-->Library-->Preferences

and delete these two files...

com.apple.dashboard.client.plist

com.apple.dashboard.plist

Then restart and try the Dashboard again...

regards

Ric

Reaction score
your first post is exactly what i ended up doing and that works. thanks.

your second post is an example of what the program was NOT doing and why i started this trhread.

thanks for the help.

ms

Ask a Question