MBP feels totally hacked.

Reaction score
I have MBP running OS 10.10 on a SSD in the PC Express slot. Problem started with left click quit working. Usually after 1-20 minutes. Now it won't do anything but right click and all touch pad gestures are broke. It has spread to the HD running 10.7 and has just now taken over this session.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

It sounds more like a software/hardware issue to me.

Could you explain in more detail all of the issues you are experiencing and any steps you have taken to identify/resolve them? We can then try to determine the cause and offer some suggestions.

C

Reaction score
I have resolved the problem by restoring the system from a Time Machine backup. Had to go back about 2 weeks. I had hoped that this was an issue that might be familiar to someone here. I think that some of the problem was caused by using a USB track ball and a Bluetooth mouse. The mouse started acting up as it does when the battery gets low. Changed the battery and the strange actions continue. The main fault was the left click would stop working on all input devices; Trackball, Trackpad and BT Mouse.

I read online that this symptom was caused by Bluetooth interference so I turned off the Mouse and BT on the MBP. There was no change, after the unit was booted and running for 10-20 minutes only the right click would function and the pointer would select everything it passed over. It would require a restart of the system to clear this. Sometimes it would work on without further problems and the next time it would go gunny bag 10-20 minutes later.

After a week or so the action was completely berserk and I could get nothing done at all. I had to resort to the backup restore.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Glad to hear that it seems to be resolved. Sorry you had to revert to a Time Machine backup, but since that corrected the issue, it sounds like a software issue must have been causing it.

I haven't heard of Bluetooth interference of that type, but I guess it is possible to cause the issue. You should be able to use a USB trackball and a BT mouse simultaneously, along with the built-in trackpad. Strange that any interference would cause all three to lose clicking functionality.

-Did you install software for the USB trackball?
-Is it an Apple Magic Mouse?

C

Ask a Question