Upgrade feature: Bluetooth doesn't react after wake up MBP

Reaction score
Hi,
my macbook pro experiences bluetooth problems after uprgrade to High Sierra. Going to sleep mode with active bluetooth then waking it up again, bluetooth shows active in menu bar but doesn't react: doesn't connect, doesn't deactivate. It's only after reboot, that it works normally. Does this seem familiar to anyone?

Reaction score
Another "quirk" with High Sierra? Do you have Version 10.13.1 of High Sierra installed?

Also, did you upgrade "in place", ie, have High Sierra overwrite what was there already?

And if you have any third party (ie, non-Apple) software (even such software for any of your bluetooth devices), did you insure that they are compatible with High Sierra?

Reaction score
It's High Sierra version 10.13.1 and I used the upgrade function from app store, so I guess "in place".

And if you have any third party (ie, non-Apple) software (even such software for any of your bluetooth devices), did you insure that they are compatible with High Sierra?
There's no software for the bluetooth devices installed. I did not check compatibility in advance. Now all apps seem to run without errors.

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
What is/are the Bluetooth device/s you are having issues with?

If you are having problems with your keyboard/mouse you could try removing them from System Preferences ~> Bluetooth then pairing them again.

Also ensure that in System Preferences ~> Bluetooth ~> Advanced that "Allow Bluetooth devices to wake this computer" is enabled

Reaction score
What is/are the Bluetooth device/s you are having issues with?
speaker, headphones and mobile...
And the confusing issue is that the on/off switch of the bluetooth interface (both the icon in the menu bar and the button in System Preferences ~> Bluetooth) does not react. It shows active but when I try to switch it off, the control stays active position. I can't tell whether it's really active since it does not connect to a speakers etc.

Ask a Question