Many problems

Reaction score
My computer has a few problems. I thought they where little, but now its starting to get frustrating.

1: I'm getting a pop-up saying "start up disc full" or something like that. It is happening more frequently, and it freezes everything I am doing, then starts slowing down my computer until I restart it.

2: My computer is telling me that I do not have the software to burn discs. It says it when I use iTunes, I haven't tried to burn discs from anywhere else yet.

Ill start with those two!

Please help!!!!

Jenna

Reaction score
When was the last time you repaired disk permissions? According to Apple, occasionally the user permissions associated with files or applications become damaged, which can prevent a file or application from working as it should. See this article. So, you might want to try to run Disk Utility (Applications > Utilities > Disk Utility). Open the application, select the mounted volume for your hard drive and click "repair disk permissions."

About your specific questions:

(1) How big is your hard drive space? Do you download or keep a lot of photos, music, videos in your hard drive? Those things can take up a lot of space. One way to regain lost space is to save those files to another drive or media.

(2) It might be a good idea to provide us with your computer specifications so that we can try to offer a more educated solution to the problems. Did you ever have the capability to burn disks before? Maybe your CD drive is read-only.

Anyway, please give us more info about your computer set-up. Thanks.

Reaction score
I do have a lot of pictures and music. How do I move them to another drive?

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: MacBook
Model Identifier: MacBook1,1
Processor Name: Intel Core Duo
Processor Speed: 2 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache (per processor): 2 MB
Memory: 1 GB
Bus Speed: 667 MHz
Boot ROM Version: MB11.0061.B03
SMC Version: 1.4f12

Also, I have in the past been able to burn discs. I just tried after not using it for a while and it told me I don't have the software to do it.

Thank you so much for your help!

Ask a Question