Automator is printing many more files than I have specified

Reaction score
Hello,

I have had workflows designed to print a lot of specified documents in the correct order. They used to work fine and I added two documents to the beginning of the workflow and a workflow that was supposed to print 13 documents (including the 2 new) printed 17, and another workflow that was supposed to print off 13 documents printed 91. Not only is it duplicating some of the documents and putting them seemingly randomly in the print queue but there it no longer seems to print in the right order at all.

The workflows are;
Get specified finder items: a pdf document (first part of the pack)
Print Finder items: I have selected the colour printer in the office.
Get specified finder items: a pdf document (second part of the pack)
Print Finder items: The colour printer in the office.
...and repeat for 13 documents.

I don't know how else I could do this. I thought it was the simplest way. Is it that you can't add documents to an existing workflow or?

Any help is much appreciated.

Thank you very much.

Thomas.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

I am not very experienced in Automator or AppleScript. It sounds like the script is running in a loop - the second scenario that printed 91 documents is a multiple of 7 of the 13 documents that it was supposed to print.

You may try to post this question to the experts in this forum:
MacScripter

C

Ask a Question