Macbook pro problem white screen with folder flashing

Reaction score
Hi,

They are not what you need your trying to repair the wrong disk. Select the Macintosh HD. If you don't see that then think Apple care.
Your hard drive (/dev/disk0) has two relevant partitions: Macintosh HD (your regular startup volume), and Recovery HD.
Hopefully i'll go over the weekend and see and i'll come back to post the solution.
Thank you Sir

Reaction score
Hi,

Am sure that the techs will get the issue sorted quickly for you. Keep us posted.

Reaction score
Hi moon,

Thanks for posting back.
I thought this might be the issue as I said in my 4th post, and not to expensive to replace with regard to other internal components. You said you have time machine backups so there will be no problem getting all your files data photos etc back once you have the new drive installed.
Sorry to hear about the failure :(but pleased you know what the issue is.:)

Reaction score
Hi moon,

Thanks for posting back.
I thought this might be the issue as I said in my 4th post, and not to expensive to replace with regard to other internal components. You said you have time machine backups so there will be no problem getting all your files data photos etc back once you have the new drive installed.
Sorry to hear about the failure :(but pleased you know what the issue is.:)
Thank you and it was really helpful what you said. They told me to fix it in the store will cost ~ $500 without fixing any other problems and it would take up to 4-5days, but i have another option fixing it in any of their repair stores which will cost $280 +tax and they will check for other problems too. It would take 2-3 weeks. I told them after fixing can i get my data back they told me it would cost $1000.
Thanks again for you help.

Reaction score
Hi moon,

Your most welcome, there are two ways you can get data back on new drive.
1) From Time Machine backups.
2) Buy or borrow an external caddy and put your old drive into it then plug into the Mac and it should be read like any external drive, so you can then copy anything you want onto new drive.;)

Let us know how things go.

Reaction score
Hi moon,

Your most welcome, there are two ways you can get data back on new drive.
1) From Time Machine backups.
2) Buy or borrow an external caddy and put your old drive into it then plug into the Mac and it should be read like any external drive, so you can then copy anything you want onto new drive.;)

Let us know how things go.
Oh Thank you for letting me know.
Once i get it to work i'll come back to post the results.
Thanks again.

Ask a Question