MacBook Pro network problem

Reaction score
I have a MacBook Pro Retina 13" (early 2015) running Sierra 10.12.6. At one location it, along with my iPad and iPhone, connects easily to my wireless network using Apple Express. But at another location using Apple Express, the iPad and iPhone connect easily but the MacBook will not. Both networks use a password. At the second location the attempt to connect would give me a message "Cannot connect to the network. Try moving closer or do a diagnostic." The MacBook is only 12 feet from the router and diagnostics have not revealed anything. By removing the network name from the profile list, I was able to access the password notice, but after attempting to connect, I get the same "Cannot connect" message. Any ideas?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
OK...thanks.

Which brand/model is your router?

A few more things to try:
-Power cycle the router
-Change the Wi-Fi channel on the router
-Try deleting your network from  > System Preferences... > Network > Wi-Fi > Advanced... > Preferred Networks, turn off Wi-Fi from menu bar, restart your Mac, turn on Wi-Fi, and join your network again

If those don't help, let us know. It may be a corrupted preference file or keychain entry.

C

Ask a Question