MacBook Pro OS constantly crashing 'kernel panic'

Reaction score
Hello,

My ~5 year old MacBook Pro keeps crashing every few minutes. Looking at the log files it seems like every time generates a 'kernel panic' and the OS crashes. At first I thought it was due to Catalina and it being unstable but unfortunately after reinstalling Mojave I am still having the same issue. Does anyone have a clue what's going on or where I can get help? I can post an error log if that will help.

Arlo

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome,

-Which exact model MacBook Pro?
-Posting the error log may help

C

Reaction score
Looking up my serial number on the website it is a "MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Mid 2014)"

In checking my log files it appears there are a variety of crashes some of which are Kernel Panic and some are other crashes. The log files are quite the mix of stuff and quite large. I'll try and attach a few.

Attachments

• Kernel_2020-06-30-181258_WEIs-MacBook-Pro.txt
    10.1 KB · Views: 129
  • Kernel_2020-06-30-182447_WEIs-MacBook-Pro.txt
    9.1 KB · Views: 127
  • WindowServer_2020-06-30-183000_WEIs-MacBook-Pro.txt
    59.8 KB · Views: 128
Reaction score
So its been a month now and I am still having problems. Having exhausted all other avenues, I went through the process of completely wiping and reinstalling Mojave. Everything was great at first....until it started happening again. The same sorts of kernel panics and system crash/reboots? I should mention that I really don't use extra keyboards, mouses or really any peripherals so it doesn't seem like the problem is due to external hardware. Is there anything else that can be done or is my laptop just dead meat at this point?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

If a complete erase and install didn't resolve the issue, then it does sound more like a hardware issue. Did you ever try running Apple Diagnostics?

C

Ask a Question