Is my MacBook Air causing a problem with Facebook calls?

Reaction score
I just got a MacBook Air last week (OS 10.15.5). Ever since then, when I do calls via Facebook (I teach English online), after a few minutes the other person says "There's noise on the line" "I can't hear you well" "You have an echo" etc. It doesn't happen using Skype or other apps, only Facebook. For most students, it should be no problem to use something other than Facebook, but I'm just baffled as to how different hardware could be causing this problem. (It's not the mic; it happens whether I use my USB mic or the built-in one.)

Has anyone heard of such an issue before?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello.

It sounds like it may be something on Facebook's end, since it only happens with Facebook calls.

Are you using Safari? If so, try the Facebook calls with another browser - Chrome, Firefox, etc.

C

Reaction score
I'm using Firefox. But there have been a few weird things happening in Firefox on my new Mac -- pages on Patreon.com refuse to load, and the podcast show description field on Libsyn.com oddly doesn't appear either. Both of those issues seem to be isolated to Firefox - they don't occur in Chrome -- so maybe Chrome would also solve this problem.

Thanks

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hi,

Yes, try Chrome and see if things are better. It could also be related to a Firefox add-on - check those if you have them.

Let us know,

C

Reaction score
Solved this one. I had to "refresh" Firefox - I guess that fixes problems in the profile folder.

Ask a Question